09 April 2011

Things going on in my world...

For over a month now, I have been waiting in anticipation for Spring to arrive. Now that it finally has, my daughter has a head cold. At first I thought it was allergies, but she is definitely sick. It makes me so sad, she rarely gets sick, and I wish I could be sick for her. Even though she is sick though, she is still a happy funny girl, such a trooper! For about 4 days straight she looks out her bedroom window and asks me if we can go out and play, and go to the playground. She'll just stand there starring out the window! Ugh, I hate being the "bad guy", but she needs to rest. Believe me, I would love to take her outside and get fresh air, but since she does get Spring allergies, I think that would add to her sickness and make her worse.
It's funny (or rather not so funny) how you wait and wait for something, and then when it finally gets here, you can't "have" it. Now, I'm not at all complaining because there will be plenty of other days for me to take Halie outside to play. I get to cuddle with my daughter reading her books, watching a movie, putting together puzzles and just get to relax with her. My world gets to slow down a little bit and it gives me more time to actually think and during this time I get to "recharge" my batteries.

Also, on a completely different note....I got excepted to Liberty University Online this week! I'm finally going back to school to finish getting my degree in Psychology- Christian Counseling! I'm soo excited! As of now I'm going back part time, but the idea of learning again makes me thrilled! My first class starts next month, and I have a feeling it will be here before I know it!

Easter is quickly approaching, so I have been thinking of different ways to teach Halie about the real reason for Easter. We'll still paint eggs and have a little egg hunt for her in our home or yard, but I want her to understand what Jesus did for us and that he is alive today! Grant it, she is only 2 1/2, but there's nothing wrong with starting early!

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the enthusiastic attitude! You are going to grow a lot in the next few years.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations.I admire your thirst for learning. I saw your blog while browsing.I am your newest follower.-Marelie www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

    ReplyDelete