22 May 2016

Learning to Hold Your Tongue {Part 2}

It's been a couple of months since I have last blogged. I guess I kinda felt like I needed a break from blogging, but now I feel refreshed and I am going to try to start being more consistent again!

Since I last blogged, I have been continuing to learn how to hold my tongue and to watch what I say. It's been hard, and I have failed many times these past couple of months. I'm a work in progress and thank goodness for God's grace and forgiveness (and my family's). Anyhow, this morning my husband and I watched Joel Osteen preach. I think you either like the guy or you don't, but in my opinion I really like listening to his sermons and believe in him and his ministry. Guess what he preached on? Yup! How to tame the tongue. He really got into it and made both my husband I really think even deeper with the meaning and importance of taming your tongue.


What mostly comes out of your mouth? Do you speak blessings, encouragement that lifts others around you up, positive influential messages, or do you speak condemnation, curses and negative messages against and/or towards others? All of us will be accountable one day for not only the sinful actions we have made in our lives, but also for all the foul, idol and sinful things that came out of our mouths. Sometimes it's hard to hold back from speaking your feelings out against someone. We're emotional human beings that really have a lot to say most times. But the best thing you can do is really think about what you want to say before you say it, so that you have no regrets later on. Taking a 30 second moment to really think about what words would be best said, that won't tear down or cause turmoil against the person you're speaking too is going to take some discipline, but it is something we can each work towards and accomplish. We're human. We'll make mistakes and not always "get it right". With God's help, we can take each day, hard situation and uncomfortable conversation with others and be able to only speak truth in a loving and Godly way.

You can't be responsible for anyone's actions, thoughts or words against you. You are only responsible for yourself. You are in control of what comes out of your mouth and how you handle yourself. It's not always easy to remain controlled in thought, but you can learn how to control and tame your tongue.  Even with those closest around you who unfortunately sometimes hurt you the most. You can be the bigger person by remaining controlled tempered, spoken and sometimes even silent. Doing that doesn't make you weak, it really does show strength, which I believe can only come from God and with His help.

 photo signature_zpskeadrffa.png



No comments:

Post a Comment