10 January 2011

Bridalwhaty??

Ok so there is this new hit show called "BridalPlasty" on E. It is about engaged women competing to get plastic surgery's, so that they can look "perfect" on their wedding day. Through out the show there are challenges and which ever bride wins, they get to pick a surgery off of their wish list and have it done. For instance nose job, new teeth, liposuction, get their breasts bigger, and so on. Ok so that is your overview of this show...

What is wrong with these girls! They all think that they can't and won't get married until they look perfect, b/c they want their big day to be perfect. Every week one bride gets cut off the show (b/c this is a competition). Just like when you watch "The Biggest Loser", and they are told "I'm sorry you are not the biggest loser" when they are told to leave, this show also has a saying. When the Bride is told to leave b/c she lost, they are told "you're wedding will still happen, it just won't be perfect". What message are we sending to these women, and to the viewers, especially girls who watch this show.  They pick themselves apart pointing to what they hate about themselves and act like crazy animals trying to win challenges so that they can have plastic surgery. It's a serious competition between these girls, and they all hate the way they look. 

News Flash!! God Created us all. He doesn't make mistakes, and everyone He created is beautiful. I'm so sick of women talking bad about themselves and pointing out what they hate about their bodies and obsess about it. Now yes sometimes I fail at doing this, after all we all are human. I sometimes talk about how I want to lose weight because that is something I can control. But i don't hate myself, I love myself.  I am going to always teach and am teaching Halie now, how to love herself and show her how beautiful she is. I don't want her to ever think "I hate my nose" or "I wish I could have plastic surgery". I just think it's really sad that these women hate themselves and the way they look. Take a look at this picture below...it's a before pic, at the beginning of the show...

Share your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment