02 January 2011

The Start of a New Year....2011

Well it is now 2011, a start of a new decade and a new year. A lot of people make "New Year Resolutions", to be fun, stop something, or start something. I was thinking about what i could commit to and when I realized what it is, I started to feel really bad and guilty that I don't already commit to doing what I am going to start committing to. I LOVE to read, whenever I get a free moment to myself (when Halie is sleeping) I will read. I usually read novels within a few days to 1 week. According to my husband I'm a fast reader! I can be honest and say that I do not read the Bible everyday. When I look at myself and realize that statement is true, it hurts my heart and I'm sure it's hurts God. I claim he is my best friend, but I don't read His word everyday. I want to put down the novel and pick up the Bible. It's not ok for me to read all together 2 hrs a day/night, and not spend any time reading the Bible. I want to feel like my day isn't complete if I haven't read God's word.
My second New Years Resolution, is keep up with Halie's Scrapbook. I am for the most part caught up on it. There are few events I want to add to it in between her birthdays, but the reason for this is b/c i went for almost a year without touching it. I don't know why really, but I really enjoy scrap booking and and it's important to me for Halie to have it completed and looking really nice for her to have.

Ok so those are my 2 New Year Resolutions! Share with me if you have any you are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment