09 October 2012

Making Baby Food ~ Green Beans

I did it! This was my first time making my son's own baby food and I have to say it was so easy and quick!

After feeding my son stage 1 baby food for about 2 1/2 weeks and knowing the consistency of the texture, I decided I was ready to make his own food. Wondering how to do it? Here's a step by step tutorial...

Boil your veggie/fruit. You can do this on stove top or in your microwave. Each method you add water to the veggie/fruit and cover letting it fully cook until your fork can easily pierce through the food.

I chose stove top

Next after the food is fully cooked, put the food w/ cooking juices in a food processor. Some people have a Baby Bullet, I don't and found that my food processor works just fine...or a blender.


Blend well! Add more water if needed, until the texture is smooth and just right for your little one!

Next, I poured the baby food into my Fresh Baby food freezer kit. Put the lid on and freeze 8-10 hours or overnight.


After the freezing time, pop each one out and put in a freezer safe Ziploc bag or food container, putting it back in the freezer. Each time you want this baby food, put a cube or 2 into a bowl and microwave shortly until it's defrosted and warm :) So simple!


My son approves and loved it...of course he did because his mommy made it!! :)

Next food I'm making is sweet potatoes!

*In no way am I affiliated with Fresh Baby, this is not a review.


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm going to start feeding my son solids next month, so I need tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures! I think it is great that you are making your own baby food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much how I do it, except I steam instead of boil. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, this is a great post...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! That's how my mother made all of our baby food :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. eep i found making baby food such a hassle (even though it's the easiest thing in the world) i love now that my daughter is older she just eats what i eat so there is no extra faffing around. but saying that, you're very good for making the baby food yourself ! i just didn't have the patience, well I didn't have a freezer so i had to make a new batch at every meal.
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So easy and so healthy!

    Thanks for linking up at The Tuesday Baby Link Up!

    ReplyDelete