26 November 2012

Thanksgiving & A Cider Recipe You Have Got to Try!!

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone! It was so nice to have my parents, brother and Sister-in-law and my hubby's sister over! It was our son's first Thanksgiving and he sorta slept through most of it :)

All of the food was amazing, I think pretty much everyone left stuffed and happy! We played games (Balderdash and 31-a card game). We watched football and the newer "Miracle on 34th Street". It was such a relaxing and fun day!

I wrote last week a "Being Thankful" post so I won't go into what I'm thankful for again, however, I have got to say that we are so blessed to have a huge meal like we did and a care free day with family, when there are a lot of people around the world who are lucky if they can get a bowl of rice for the day. Not wanting to bring down the mood or anything, just something to think about and give thanks to God for.

So my brother and his wife brought this amazing Mulled Cider! This is the recipe you have got to try and it will be such a crowd pleaser!
The Mulled Cider recipe from my Sister-in-law! It's really just guide lines, she played with it to get it to where she liked it, and it's really easily tweak-able. Here's what the recipe calls for:

Ingredients: 
2 quarts apple cider (My Sister-in-law used a little under 1 gallon jug)
2 cinnamon sticks (She used more like three)
2 whole allspice berries (She put in 3)
2 whole cloves (Again, she used 3)
1 orange, thinly sliced (I think this is way too much, she just used 2-3 slices)


Directions:
Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Divide among mugs and serve hot!

And that's it! So easy, but so good. After my SIL made it in a saucepan, she put it all in a crock-pot for easier traveling! This is great non-alcoholic drink for all ages, however if you would like it spiked with Rum, you can add a little splash (to adults ages 21+ of course!).

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I might just have to use this recipe for the holidays. A double batch of course. One for adults and one for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely have to try the cider recipe! Stopping by from the GFC Link-up. Looking forward to following!

    Victoria
    http://theyogimami-victoria.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the recipe! It sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks super easy and YUMMY! Just in time, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mulled cider but have never made it. This recipe doesn't look too daunting so I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds super easy and yummy as well. I'll have to save it for next year.

    ReplyDelete