19 November 2012

Turkey Hand Craft! Not Just Your Standard Turkey :)

 

Today my daughter and I made 3 of the 4 turkey's shown above for our Thanksgiving guests this Thursday: Standard turkey, rocker and star trek! 

We had a lot of fun tracing my 4 year old daughters' hand and Halie adding her own creativity to the background. She of course wanted pink turkeys, so we traced her hand on pink paper, cut out the turkeys and glued them onto their own colored construction paper of a different color. After she drew and colored what she wanted in the background, we then glued on Indian corn onto the 4 fingered feathers! Last month when visiting the pumpkin patch, I made sure to pick up a few Indian corns! I knew I wanted some for household decorations and then could pluck off the corn kernels when we were done using them for decorations. 
*The process of plucking corn kernels off is super easy btw, if you never tried it before! You can use tweezers or just use your fingers*

I thought I'd share this fun and easy craft with you since Thanksgiving is just a few days away!! Most of you know the standard turkey, but I thought the other 3 turkeys are fun too, and with Indian corn it makes them even more festive! Take a look at Halie's cute turkeys for our family!

"Standard"

 "Star Trek"

 "The Rocker"

Hope you all have a Happy Turkey Day! :)

6 comments:

  1. Very cute idea off the traditional way I learned to draw a turkey growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS FOR SHARING AND HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO YOU AS WELL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Thank you so much for this fabulous idea! Totally pinned this for when my daughter returns from Thanksgiving with her father's family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this idea, especially the Fonz!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just love these!!! So cute and fun!! :) Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from the Weekend Link-up, have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember making these when I was a kid! Oh the memories! Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!

    I’d like to invite you to my new blog hop – Grow Your Blog Hop. This party is all about networking and growing your blog. I hope to see you there. It starts at midnight tonight! http://www.thisgalcooks.com/p/grow-your-blog.html

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete