04 August 2016

Chicken Salisbury Steaks | Recipe


This recipe is so delicious and easy to make, plus it can be used with either ground beef, turkey or chicken. This is a family recipe, so you'll find it under my Family Recipes tab, where you'll find other great recipes! I grew up with my mom always making it with ground beef. I typically use a lean ground turkey when I make it, but one day I decided to use ground chicken because I had it on hand. It turned out great! This meal is great served with potatoes (we loved mashed) and a vegetable.

Ingredients: 
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1- 1 1/2 Lb ground chicken (or beef or turkey)
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black ground pepper
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1-2 TLB Olive Oil or Cooking Spray for Pan

Directions: 
Combine 1/4 cup soup with ground chicken (or beef/turkey), bread crumbs, egg, onion, salt, pepper  and seasonings. Mix thoroughly. Shape into 6 patties for about 1 lb of meat, or 8 patties for 1 1/2 lbs of meat. In a preheated skillet over medium heat, add 1-2 TLB olive oil. Place your meat patties into the skillet, cooking thoroughly on each side until the meat is cooked through. OR you can bake them in a greased shallow baking pan at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Spoon of any excess fat.
Meanwhile, combine remaining soup with water and pour over fully cooked patties. On the stovetop in skillet, cook for another few minutes so the gravy gets hot, or if you baked it, bake for an additional 10 minutes.


I personally prefer to make my salisbury steaks in the skillet, because I like that crisp outside that a frying pan will give. 1 lb of meat is enough for a family of 4, but even though we're a family of 4 I still end up making this recipe with 1 1/2 lbs of meat because we are big eaters and enjoy left overs! 


 photo signature_zpskeadrffa.png



No comments:

Post a Comment