17 November 2010

His Will Wednesday

I saw this picture and thought from now on i can try to use it every Wednesday and write about something that is on my heart on that day.

"Not our Will, but His be done". Sometimes it's hard to actually live that way, because being human we are selfish and we have our fleshly desires of how we want to live, where we want to work and what we want to do with our lives. But if you live out His will for your life, things are always better when we do what He wants us to do.

There are times where I will hold back and say, I'll do it this way (my way) because I'll feel like I'll have more control of the situation or outcome. Those times I find myself stressed out, worried and feeling alone.  We need to take everything to prayer and give it all to God. Then have faith in Him. He knows what is best.

Side note: I want to encourage you to read "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. He is a pastor of a church out in South California. I read this book and it really made me re-think the way I was living in different areas in my life.

This Wednesday I am going to focus my prayers on the Military. My little brother is a Marine and is stationed in Okinawa, Japan. Just from talking with Mark, I know it has to be really hard to be a Christian (away from home) in the Marines. Constantly being around Men that drink, swear, share ex-girl friend naked pictures and so on and so on. There is sin everywhere in this world, but I just pray that Mark and all Christian Military men and women can stand up for what they believe in, and seek God everyday. To not lose sight of Jesus and why we are here on Earth and that He is returning soon.  To be the light, and have courage and strength, and to always be safe. Will you pray that today to?


 in Japananese

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! I wish you still had these in your recent blog posts!! Throwing some god into the mix is always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete