24 November 2010

"His Will" Wednesday!

This Wednesday I want to focus more on praising while still praying that God continues to bless my family. When you think about, we all have a lot to be thankful for! I live in a country where my family can be free and worship God without punishment. My family eats three healthy meals a day, we live in a beautiful townhouse in a safe neighborhood. There is a lot of love surrounding me everywhere, i have a supportive and loving husband and a beautiful healthy 2 year old daughter.
I really have a lot more I am thankful for and blessed with. For the few things that i did write out that I am thankful for, a lot of people around the world and even in our own neighborhoods don't have. A lot of us take for granted the things that we do have, like a toilet and running water. A nice warm bed and washer & dryer to have clean clothes.

We are so blessed, almost too blessed if there is such a thing? It amazes me to see 7 year olds with cell phones, not just to have when they aren't with their parents for safety reasons, but for their personal use, and so many kids have their own TVs and laptops, designer clothes and etc. Yes it nice to have nice things, especially when you work hard for them, but I think we all need to remember including myself that these "things" aren't coming with us when we leave this earth. I don't know, i guess I just want our (Phil and me) time and money to go towards greater things that will make a difference in people's lives. I'm not saying that makes us better then people who don't do that either.

This year, the siblings on Phil's side of the family decided to not exchange gifts for Christmas. But to instead pick a charity or organization to give to with the amount of money we would have spent towards our siblings (or more). My family gave to Samaritans Purse, Billy Graham's son (Franklin) runs it I'm pretty sure. There are ton of life saving things you can buy that will be given to a family in poverty overseas. check it out! And you know for sure that it is not a scam and will make a huge difference in someones life. https://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/Giving/gift_catalog/

Anyway that was about Christmas, but I guess to sum this up, we all have so much to be thankful for, take some time to reflect on what you have around you and thank God for what you have.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment