11 September 2012

Baby Boy Eats Cereal ~ Success!

I cannot believe my little "big" boy is already 4 months old! I've decided to start him on cereal once a day and see how he takes to it. He is always so hungry and a big boy in general, so I want to see if he's ready to start eating cereal. My biggest concern is gas and constipation since there is iron in his cereal and formula. Anyway, today I mixed 1.5 oz of warm formula and a little less than 1 tsp of cereal. At first he was a little mad and irritated that this was not his bottle and wondering what the heck the spoon was for! The whole time he was fussing, but LOVING the cereal haha, it was actually kinda funny! Only a few times in the beginning did he push his tongue back out, but after that he surprisingly didn't do that!

I'm going to do this once a day from here on out and see how he does and then increase it to twice a day. Once he's mastered cereal and doesn't have any tummy issues I want to start peas. I have my own baby food making kit which I'm really excited about! With my daughter I didn't make her food, but bought it. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just want to make my sons food this time. It won't have preservatives and will be cheaper in the long run!

How long did you feed your baby cereal before introducing baby food?

Here's my big boy and his first time eating cereal! Really not that messy!! :) He has some on his forehead though haha

8 comments:

  1. I honestly can't remember....my youngest just turned 13. I think it's amazing how even at that young age, they know when something's different than the way it was before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually skipped baby cereal with all of my kids and went straight to baby food. My first was 2.5 months (3 months was the recommendation back then). My second was 4 months, and my third was five months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is 3 and I can still remember the cereal days...in fact I have footage video of every new food he tried LOL thats a new parent for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always wonderful to see your children do new things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started mine on baby cereal mixed in their formula at 2 months then baby food jars at 3 months they were on to soft finger foods by 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started mine on cereal around 4 months too. Once he did fairy well with those I started mixing in just a little baby food fruit to see how he would handle it. I usually had them on baby food by 6 months

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait till I start having these experiences :)We are looking at trying to have kids later this year. Always helped take care of little one in my family.

    ReplyDelete