18 September 2014

Easy Hearty Casserole #Recipe


Do you have any childhood favorite meals? One of my all time favorite meals I remember as a child is Hearty Casserole. I always asked for it all year round, even though my mom only really wanted to make it in the Fall and Winer since it has to cook in the oven for an hour. I recently made this meal and since I haven't had it in years, eating it was all the more delicious! Some meals, flavors and scents just remind you of a lot of things and this meal in particular reminds of me of all of my family eating at the dinner table together, talking about our day at school.


Ingredients:
1 Pound of Hamburger or Turkey Burger
1/2 - 3/4 Pound of American Cheese, Cubed
8 oz of Cooked Elbow Noodles (1/2 a box of 1 pound)
   *Make sure you only use half. More than half of a box will result in a dryer casserole.
1/2 a Bag of Frozen Corn
1 Can of Tomato Soup
1/3 Cup of Chopped Onion
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon of Mustard


Directions:
Cook your noodles as directed on the box. Brown your burger and onions in a skillet until no longer pink. In a 2-quart baking dish, mix your noodles, can of tomato soup, frozen corn, cubed cheese, mustard, salt and black pepper. Then mix in your burger and onions. Completely mix everything together. Spray your baking dish and add casserole mixture, then cover your baking dish with tin foil. Put in a preheated oven of 350 degrees and bake for 50-60 minutes until hot and heated through.


And that's it! This meal is super easy to make and I think not a lot of money to make. It's such a yummy meal that the whole family will enjoy!

 photo signature_zpskeadrffa.png


17 comments:

  1. Hi, this looks so good, I am going to make it asap, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look yummy, thanks for share with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to make this for my boyfriend,he's a picky eater but i'm sure he would like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this would be fun with pinwheel pasta.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good and with pasta corn etc the family will love this easy meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christina Strapp LambertSeptember 27, 2014 at 2:07 AM

    My daughter would probably love this since she loves pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like such a nutritious recipe and simple to make. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us. Sounds great and easy to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good. I can't wait to give this a try

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love easy recipes. I can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are always looking for different ways to prepare beef...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so very much for sharing your recipe on Easy Hearty Casserole! This looks and sounds delicious! I'm always on the lookout for something to do with Ground Beef and that isn't spicy that the whole family will love! This is absolutely that recipe! I know everyone would enjoy this! It's easy to make (thank goodness!) and tastes great! That's exactly what I'm looking for! I'm going to have to save your recipe and maybe I can try it for dinner tomorrow night! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! I honestly do appreciate it! Thanks again!!! Michele :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My family will love this recipe, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kids love casseroles. This looks filling and easy to make! Thanks for the great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love casseroles, they are so simple to throw together, I will be trying this one out soon.

    ReplyDelete