14 March 2011

Feed His Sheep

John21:17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.” Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep".

Today is Monday, most people hate Monday's because the weekend is over and they have to go back to work. I like to think of Monday's as a start to a brand new week, and fresh start. I really do like Monday's.
Before I started this post, I was thinking of what I could write about and I just wanted to share what is on my heart this cold and cloudy Monday. I came to the thought of "Feed His Sheep". His as in Jesus. Jesus commands us to feed His sheep. Who are the sheep you might ask? I'm not talking about farm animals some of  you might think because I grew up in Lancaster county. No, the sheep are all of us. Jesus is our Shepherd and we are all His sheep. The unsaved are His lost sheep and us Christ followers need to feed them the Bible. We need to tell them about His love. We need to give them the shirt on our back and feed the hungry. We need to show people Jesus through us. Be like Jesus. As I was in prayer last night, I kept telling God I want to be more like Jesus, change my heart and my mind, I want to be more like Jesus. That is another post in itself.
There are millions of lost sheep in our world today, that are seeking for something to fill their empty selves, and that are dying and going to Hell. Jesus didn't command us to live our lives the way we want, to go to church on Sundays and live the rest of the week going to work/school and keeping Jesus to ourselves. To hide in our closets praying for Him to save the lost. To shake our heads at how sad our world is today and say "That's just a cryin shame, look at that girl sellin herself for money, look at that homeless man beggin for change, look at that Atheist convincing people there is no God, look at that young boy who just joined a gang, look at that young girl who just became pregnant and isn't even old enough to drive a car, yeah that's a cryin shame". 

WHERE ARE THE TEARS PEOPLE? YES, YES IT IS A CRYING SHAME. WHERE ARE THE TEARS?
I know Jesus is crying, and he is probably saying as loud as he can "Feed my sheep!".  Are people choosing not to listen? Isn't that kinda like saying "no" to Jesus without saying it out loud? I mean let's be real people.

I'm not saying that I am a perfect person, because no one is perfect. For the longest time I was one of those people shaking their head at people and not helping them. You only have one life on this Earth, and we each have a purpose. We all have a voice and a light that we need to spead. Jesus is coming back soon. There are so many people dying and going to Hell each minute of every day. Doesn't that break your heart? If it doesn't, then are you truely striving to be like Jesus?  I want to make Jesus happy and follow His commands. Will you?
Please share your thoughts- good or bad, I want to hear from you! You don't have to have a blog to comment.

3 comments:

  1. I love finding other Christian mommy bloggers. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been amazed by people this holiday season and as of late. There are so many people doing random acts of kindness for people. I just love the feeling of helping people and all you get in return is love in your heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. So blessed by your heart for our precious Lord! Enjoying your blog...blessings, Joanna

    ReplyDelete