08 December 2014

DIY Sheep Costume Step by Step Guide

My daughter has her first ever play on Tuesday, and I am so excited for her but at the same time, I've been racking my non-crafty brain on how to create a sheep costume for her. The entire class has been asked to dress up as sheep for this years Christmas musical play, so after searching Google and Pinterest for ideas, I headed to my local Wal-Mart and purchased everything I would need to make my first-ever costume!


Supplies needed:
  • Glue gun
  • Glue sticks
  • Scissors
  • Cotton balls
  • Black felt or cloth for ears
  • Black sweats & matching top
  • White t-shirt
  • White headband
Step 1:
  • I started on the ears first-- I removed the bow and nose from the snowman, traced them over the black cloth (or felt), then cut out the ear shape. Once I had enough cloth pieces cut out (1 for the front and 1 for the back of each snowman), using the hot glue gun, I glued them on the front and back of the snowman. Super easy to do and now you have sheep ears!

Step 2:
  • Take your white t-shirt and cut the sleeves off, then using the hot glue gun again, I glued cotton balls on the front and back of the t-shirt, one by one. It is time consuming but the shirt turned out super cute once I was done! 

Step 3:
  • Once everything has cooled off and dried, it's time to get dressed! 


There ya have it! A super easy, affordable and adorable DIY sheep costume! I can't wait to see my daughter and all of her classmates in her first ever play wearing her new sheep costume! 

 photo jessicasig_zpsb8807290.jpg




7 comments:

  1. This is fantastic and seems fairly easy to make. I am going to save this post for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh you are just so creative! This costume turned out so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this costume with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is so cute! I'd have panicked if I had to come up with something, I am not a crafty-type person...LOL! You are super clever. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. My niece wil like to play dress up in this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete