14 December 2014

Homemade Peanut Free Soy Butter Cups Recipe


As you may know, my daughter has a severe peanut allergy. I wanted to find an easy and yummy recipe to make our own soy butter cups, but have always been intimated by the idea of making them on my own. I recently came across a recipe from The Best Blog Recipes and thought we'd give her recipe a try! We of course used WOWButter, as we are huge fans, and it is completely peanut free. I'm happy to say that our soy butter cups came out delicious and didn't last long; we'll be making more soon! You can of course use peanut butter for non-peanut allergies.

Ingredients:
30 1-inch Paper Candy Liners
1/3 Cup Wowbutter (or peanut butter for non-peanut allergies)
3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
1 Tbl Butter
1 and 2/3 cup Hershey's milk chocolate chips
1 Tbl coconut oil (or vegetable shortening if you don't have coconut oil)



Directions:
Mix chocolate chips and coconut oil in a medium sized microwave safe bowl and microwave uncovered for 1 minute. STIR. If need be, microwave an additional 10- to 15-seconds (in intervals), stirring just until melted.

In a separate bowl combine WOWButter (or Peanut Butter), powdered sugar, butter and sea salt. Mix thoroughly until there are no lumps. Place paper candy liners on a baking tray. Spoon about 1/2- 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into each paper cup-- make sure to cover the sides of the cup about half way up the paper liner! Roll Wowbutter/peanut butter into small balls. Flatten them a bit and then place them on top of the melted chocolate in your paper cups. Top each with an additional 1/2- 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate. Place your cups in the fridge and refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until they are firm. To store, keep them in a covered container in your refrigerator. They also freeze nicely as well!





13 comments:

  1. Yum! These look delicious! I love peanut butter & chocolate together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific recipe. My nephew has soy allergies and these peanut butter cups are going to be perfect for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those do look yummy and easy to make

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh these look fabulous!! I love that they are soy and nut allergy friendly! Great treat for the kiddos that have to miss out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this delicious recipe. Definitely have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Much better than buying Sunbutter cups from the store. Kids will have a blast helping make these tonight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow these sound wonderful, thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These homemade WOWbutter (peanut butter) cups look delicious. It's a great idea to make your own, I can't wait to give this a try. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look just like the expensive ones in the chocolate stores. I have never seen Wowbutter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again, I am pinning your recipe so I can make when I get the ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great!!! My brother grew up eating peanut butter and his favorite candy was PB cups. 10 years ago at the age of 27 he developed a peanut allergy. I was looking for a peanut free recipe to make him some. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great recipe. These look amazing. My husband loves peanut butter cups and I think he would really like these. I'll have to give them a try...

    ReplyDelete