30 July 2015

Mama's Homemade Lasagne | #Recipe


This recipe is the one I grew up with. My mom made it for me every year on my birthday, and occasionally when requested in the Fall and Winter time. It's so delicious and very simple to make!

Ingredients: 
1 lb ground beef or turkey (optional) - browned/cooked in a pan on stovetop. 
1 lb lasagne noodles (cooked and drained according to instructions on box)
2 lbs spaghetti sauce (I prefer Ragu)
1 lb ricotta cheese
1 egg
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 lb mozzarella cheese - sliced 

Directions:
Beat together ricotta cheese, egg and 2 TLB of grated cheese in small bowl. Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish. Arrange a layer of noodles, spread some ricotta mixture on noodles. Add a third of the ground meat if desired. Top with a layer of mozzarella, then sauce, then sprinkle on grated parmesan cheese. Repeat layers (as many as you want) ending with sauce and grated cheese (and Italian herbs of choice) on top. If you use 3/4 a pound or more of noodles, bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees until hot. If you use 1/2 a pound of noodles, bake for about 30 minutes.


Enjoy!

 photo signature_zpskeadrffa.png



20 comments:

  1. I love lasagna. We have a homemade sauce recipe that we love. I add ground meat and hot Italian sausage. I have tried cottage cheese before but prefer ricotta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lasagna is one of our favorite meals. I usually do not use ricotta instead extra mozzarella cheese. Simply because I had no recipe for it made with ricotta~ Now thanks to you for sharing this Delicious sounding Lasagna recipe I do!! Thankyou for sharing. I can't wait to make it! :0)~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinned this....it looks really yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks so good,i love lasagna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm this sounds amazing!! Thank you Thank you for adding ricotta!!!! I cannot tell you how many lasagnas Ive had with no ricotta and it just breaks my heart!! It MAKES this dish!! I can't wait to try this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks absolutely delicious!! I am going to try to make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lasagna. I would like to make it with turkey. Thank you for recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lasagna is my favorite.I prefer making it from scratch rather than buy it frozen,they don't taste that good but it's convenient.I haven't made this in months so i will be giving this recipe a try

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lasagna is one of my favorite dinners to make. I love that it lasts a couple of days too. This recipe sounds and looks delicious! Thank-you for the tasty & easy recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a good lasagna recipe and I too prefer Ragu sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great recipe-- an I am going to give it shot-- I am not the best cook and I am always looking for something I think I can do-- You cannot mess up with Ragu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the Recipe on Mama's Homemade Lasagne | #Recipe! We love Lasagna. As a matter of fact, we just had it this past weekend! No one likes the Ricotta cheese in our house, so we leave that out! I use American cheese, Parmesan Cheese, and Mozzarella Cheese in my recipe along with the beef, sauce and noodles! We only have this every now and then because it can get a bit on the costly side for all of the ingredients! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with all of us! I truly do appreciate it! Thanks again! Michele :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am going to make this on Tuesday. I used to work at Olive Garden, and this looks better. I will use your great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have been painting for tree days. This would be so great right now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love making homemade lasagna and this looks like such a delicious way to make it! I like the addition of the sprinkled Parmesan cheese! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This recipe was great. My family loved it. We always like it best the second day because all the flavor has worked through it. Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds amazing! I have always wanted to try and make homemade lasagna. I think I will vary the recipe a little by adding mushrooms and then using black olives as a garnish.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so so good! I have yet to try to make lasagna and I think I'm going to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete