27 August 2015

Homemade Chocolate Cake with WOWButter Icing | Recipe


This chocolate cake recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember. Growing up, we always made it with peanut butter icing, but since having my daughter and learning about her peanut allergy, we now use WOWButter which peanut-free soy butter. This moist chocolate cake with WOWButter, tastes almost exactly like peanut butter but is completely peanut free and safe for those with peanut allergies.

INGREDIENTS:
For the Cake:
X- 2 cups sugar
X- 2 eggs
0- 2 cups flour
0- 1/4 tsp salt
0- 3/4 cup cocoa
0- 1 tsp baking powder
0- 2 tsp baking soda
+- 1 cup milk
+- 1 cup hot coffee (Can do 1 tsp instant coffee in 1 cup hot water)
1/2 cup oil

For the Icing:
1/3 cup butter
4 cups 10X confectioners sugar
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp milk
2 heaping Tbsp of WOWButter


DIRECTIONS:
For the Cake:
Use hand whisk and large mixing bowl. Mix X's together first. Then add 0's ingredients and mix. Next add +'s ingredients and mix. Stir in oil last. Grease 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Fully cool, then add icing.

For the Icing:
Cream butter, gradually add half of the confectioners sugar, blending well. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Blend in remaining confectioners sugar. Add in the milk and WOWButter (or peanut butter if you are not making it peanut free). You can add in more WOWButter little by little until you get the exact taste you're looking for. Be sure to add enough milk (tablespoon at a time) until you get the creamy spread-like consistency you like.

Enjoy!

 photo signature_zpskeadrffa.png



28 comments:

  1. I pin this I want to make this chocolate cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned this also!! We are not allergic to peanuts, but I would make it anyway for kids' birthday parties, because you just never know if a child attending is. I don't think I have ever heard of WOWbutter. This looks and sounds DELICIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the Delicious Recipe on Homemade Chocolate Cake with WOWButter Icing | Recipe! I have the exact same chocolate cake recipe!!!! I love it! I love the idea of peanut butter icing on this cake! I generally make a caramel icing for the top of it! This is our most favorite chocolate cake ever! Thanks so much for sharing your delicious recipe with all of us! I honestly do appreciate it! Thanks again!!! Michele :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great Megs! Thanks for sharing! Defiantly going to have to try this!! Miss your pretty face! -Katey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just looks so good. It appears so moist which I love in a cake. I will be making this soon. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sure sound like it taste real good. My family loves chocolate cake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm!! <y most favorite combo in the whole wide world!! This sounds amazing!! We will try it asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cake looks amazing! I don't think I have ever tried peanut butter frosting but I sure want to now! :) Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The icing is unusual. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow,that looks so good,,would love to taste that

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to try the wow-butter icing. It just sounds to me like it is very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yumm-- this is easy-- I need to try this one soon-- thanks for another great recipe for our family

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a delicious recipe and I never knew about WOwbutter before reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chocolate cake is my absolute favorite and this recipe sounds delicious! I love that it's peanut free too. Thanks for the easy & tasty recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love chocolate cake. I will have to give this one a try looks great

    ReplyDelete
  16. Peanut free is important for people with allergies.i just love chocolate cake

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks very good. Thank you for the recipe. I love all your recipes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chocolate and Peanut butter 2 Great flavors together!!This would be a Great hit with my Family!! Even if it just tastes like peanut butter on a Dark delicious Home made chocolate cake!! Yummy~ My One Granddaughter is allergic to peanuts! This is the answer. Thankyou for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This cake is just as good as it looks. Thank you for sharing this great recipe. It was a hit

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now this sounds like a nice sounding cake recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds delicious and thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love chocolate cake and the icing sounds to die for. I can't wait to try this. Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks so delicious! The icing sounds amazing! I pinned it to try out later!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wish I had this recipe when I won a whole case of Wow Butter last year! I do love chocolate cake but had no trouble polishing off the jars myself. It does taste just like real peanut butter--really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for this amazing recipe will make it in the morning, my 4 year old grandson is deathly allergic to all nuts and we all love wowbutter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!

      Delete
  26. My daughter has an egg and peanut allergy, we made the frosting without the egg yolks. We added a tablespoon of milk until we got the desire consistency. Made them for my nephews birthday and the whole family loved them.



    ReplyDelete