11 April 2015

8 Restaurant Chains that are Peanut Allergy Friendly & Are Our Go-To Places to Eat

Disclosure: The following content is meant for educational and informational purposes only. The following statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products mentioned and/or information listed are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. Readers are advised to do their own research and make decisions in partnership with their health care provider.


Going out to eat can sometimes be a challenge when you or someone in your dinner party has a food allergy. Over the years, we have come to love specific family friendly restaurants that are also great at handling food allergies. When ever you go to a place to eat and have a child (or anyone) with a food allergy, be sure to tell your server right away about their allergy. We make it a habit to do this when ordering drinks, in the very beginning of our dining experience. 

The following list of restaurants are places we love going to, and that in our experience we have found them great (more than great) with handling our daughter's severe peanut allergy. Each of them bring out an allergy menu containing meals and items that are safe to eat, you just have to ask to see it!

1. Red Lobster
2. Olive Garden
3. Red Robin
4. Carrabbas
5. Chipotle
6. T.G.I. Friday's
7. Ruby Tuesday's
8. Outback Steakhouse

My next food allergy post is going to go into specific details about cross contamination with cooking oils, and "unsafe" foods being cooked in the same cooking oil as your child's food. A lot of people do not realize cooking oil or even grills contain unsafe foods that are shared with safe foods. For instance if you have a tree nut allergy and you simply order scrambled eggs, yet right before the chef put your eggs on the cooking grill, he had pecan pancakes cooking in the same spot... resulting in cross contamination and a potential food allergy reaction! Be on the look out for that informative post soon!



7 comments:

  1. One of my nephews is allergic to peanuts, so this is good to know! I'll remember these places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of my favorites are on your list: Red Lobster & Olive Garden. Thanks for the info.
    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharing this for all my friend's with peanut allergy kiddos!!! Thanks so much for doing the research and sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one I eat out with has food allergies, so I don't have much knowledge about that, but it is good to see that the above chains are accomodating. It must be somewhat difficult to avoid cross contamination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series you're doing on allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I never gave it a thought about going out to eat with some food allergies! That's a terrific list of restaurants that serve people with food allergies! As far as we all know, no one in my house has any food allergies. Plus, I never gave it a thought about cross contamination! You really opened up my eyes with this review! I guess the reason I never gave it a thought is because I actually don't know anyone who has a food allergy! I can see how this can be a major problem! Thanks so much for sharing your fantastic review and information on the 8 restaurants which cater to food allergies with all of us! I really do appreciate it very much! Thanks again! Michele :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. good to know,luckily so far we don't have that problem

    ReplyDelete