01 April 2015

WOWButter Eggs for Easter! | Recipe #PeanutFree


Easter is this Sunday, so of course our family has been making Easter themed crafts and doing activities like Easter egg painting, and today we just made WOWButter Eggs! Growing up, we made peanut butter eggs, but since my daughter has a severe peanut allergy, we have really come to love and enjoy WOWButter which we have found great to use for baking and using for desserts. Below is our family recipe for WOWButter Eggs...you can of course substitute the WOWButter for Peanut Butter (the same amount).


Ingredients: 
{for the filling}
-8 oz Cream Cheese
-1 Stick of Butter
-2 lbs 10x Confectioners Sugar (powered sugar)
-1 tsp Vanilla
-Dash of Salt
-12 oz WOWButter (or peanut butter- We recommend creamy Jif brand)

{for the coating}
- 1 1/2 lbs Chocolate Coating Wafers (we use Chocoley Bada Bing Bada Boom-- peanut free)
- 1/2 Cake Paraffin Wax (we did not use this)

Directions:

Mix all of the filling ingredients together in a large bowl...as the last ingredient, gradually add the powdered sugar a little bit at a time. Once thoroughly mixed, shape into eggs, into the size you desire. If you use 2 1/2- 3 TBL's worth, you'll make about 48 eggs. Chill the eggs in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. **Continue reading below.


While your eggs are chilling, melt your chocolate and wax in a double broiler. When melted, coat eggs then lay each coated egg on wax paper on a cookie sheet. Chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes until eggs (chocolate) have hardened. Keep eggs refrigerated. 


We hope you enjoy this delicious egg recipe! What will use? WOWButter or Peanut Butter?


 photo signature_zpskeadrffa.png




16 comments:

  1. My hubby loves Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs so I know he will love this too. Looks pretty easy to make. Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest nephew is allergic to peanuts. I need to try this WOW Butter to see if he likes it! Nice recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could make these! Such a easy and delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so very much for the recipe WOWButter Eggs for Easter! | Recipe #PeanutFree! I make Peanut Butter Eggs as well (haven't made them yet though!) Your Recipe is very close to mine! Mine has been passed down thru the generations of my family and it's a little different, however, not much! I put my shaped eggs in the freezer to harden and then get my double boiler chocolate ready. I put a toothpick in the end of the egg to dip into the chocolate and put them on wax paper to harden! I keep mine in the freezer in freezer bags until we are about ready to serve them! They keep longer that way! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with all of us! I truly do appreciate it! Thanks again! Michele :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks yummy I might need to try this with my kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks yummy I might need to try this with my kids

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! I love Wowbutter. (Its my favorite pb substitute) we have been 'Peanut free' for 9 years. My kids are going to love this recipe. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this recipe for these delicious eggs.I will be sure to try them.I live anything with chocolate and cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm!! We are making these saturday before dying eggs!! They look and sound amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thes really look good. I will be making these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing!! These look so good!! I'm definitely going to make them this Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for telling about wowbutter, I can recommend it to people I know who have kids with nut allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to make these, and I have all the ingredients, instead of Wowbuttereggs I have Jif's Natural peanut butter. I have one question though, and maybe it isn't that important, but do you mix with an electric mixer type or by hand? I know with some things it matters. Thanks it looks great and I think Imwill try to make them today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! Definitely an electric mixer! Even from using that your arm will get tired (unless you have a stand mixer). Be sure to add the confectioners sugar in little by little.

      Delete
  14. Thanks for answering! I've had this bookmarked and opened all day and I'm about to make them. I have green chocolate wafers and I'll let you know how it turns out. Glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to know about unpeanut butter. Looks yummy.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete