03 April 2015

Delicious Candied Carrots Recipe | Perfect as an Easter Dinner Side Dish


Easter is in just two days! Will you be hosting or visiting family this year? Whether you are hosting, or need a side dish to bring to dinner, we have a really easy yet delicious side dish you can make/bring! This Candied Carrots recipe is from my Grandma (Hey Grandma!) and I remember it being at every Holiday meal at her house growing up, and we still make it today! It's not the healthiest per say, but it is so stinkin good!!

Ingredients:
2 lbs Carrots
1 Cup Sugar
1 Stick of Butter
1/2 Cups of Water
1 tsp Salt

Directions:
Slice up your carrots long ways, not too thick, not too thin. Cut butter into quarter inch slices. Mix sugar, salt and water together with raw carrots. Place in a 9x9 or 9x13 baking dish, then add butter slices on top of carrots. Cover dish with tin foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.

Enjoy!


 photo signature_zpskeadrffa.png



13 comments:

  1. I bet my nephew would love these. He loves carrots. He's the only kid I ever met who loves plain Brussels Sprouts, too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly easy enough. I'd add some cinnamon.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These carrots look yummy. I have been looking for another veggie for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these so much!! But never think to make them because I think Im the only one who loves them lol!! My toddler has found a new love for cooked carrots and I bet he would just adore these since they are so sweet!! I will have to make them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love candied carrots,,my husband had never had them before i made them the first time for him,he loved them

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound so good, and what a treat for the Easter day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a scrumptious idea!

    -Dar

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet, almost like dessert! Thanks for this addition to the dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does sounds delicious! my mom use to make something like this but she used half of white and half of brown sugar in her recipe.. Will have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds delicious! Would it still taste okay if I cut down on the butter a little?

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound so good. Would cut back on sugar and butter a bit.

    ReplyDelete