09 April 2015

Kids 'Hands & Toes Print' Craft For Mother's Day


Mother's Day is just a little over a month away, and if you are looking for a fun and easy kids craft to do, how about this one? I decided to do one hand print of each of my kids, and one set of toes from each of them to include on one sheet of paper. We made these to gift on Easter to their grandparents, but really this is a an overall great Spring craft, but also perfect to gift on Mother's Day! 

Simply paint your child's hand green, make a hand print, then paint on flowers on the finger tips. Then paint your child's toes green to make cute little caterpillars! My daughter used her finger print to make rays for the sun, so easy! Leave room at the top to paint birds, or to write a saying like "Happy Mother's Day" or "Happy Spring". You could really come up with any cute phrase or saying!



 photo signature_zpskeadrffa.png



13 comments:

  1. I still have one of these handprint pieces of art of my daughter gave me long ago for Mother's Day. What I remember most is her excitement at giving the gift. The school had them laminated so it lasted. Those hands don't stay that way for long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh laminating the artwork is a great idea!! I am going to put this one in a frame and hang it up for now :)

      Delete
  2. These are sweet! I think my Mom still has some similar 'artwork' from my childhood, lol. I recently saw a cast taken of the hands of a whole family (they each held the wrist of another person, forming a square; a cast was made & then removed from the mold, etc. Really nice!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that it uses toes as well as hands and makes a fun picture.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hand and fingerprint art!! It really cherishes the moments and gives you a great tiny hand perspective to look back on :) Also, they are just so darn cute!! Thank you for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea. I may get my girls to do this for my mom. She would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea.This is so creative and something to always treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cute,,my grandkids would have so much fun making these for their parents

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love handmade stuff from the kids. They really are precious and pricless. I love the suggestions it looks so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the cutest idea. Who doesn't want flowers growing out of the ends of their fingers?! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so very much for the DIY Kids 'Hands & Toes Print' Craft For Mother's Day! This is absolutely adorable!! I would positively love to receive a gift like this from my grandkids!!! I love how you turned the little toes into a caterpillar! So Adorable!!!! What a Terrific Idea! Thanks so much for sharing this DIY Project with all of us! I honestly do appreciate it! Thanks again!! Michele :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe that is adorable! I am going to make that for my mama for Mother's day from the Grandkids!!

    ReplyDelete